Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Brigham's First Week!


Brigham had a very warm welcome home by his loving brothers and sister! My mom was able to come help for a week and a half! She came the night before we were to be induced and stayed until the following Saturday and said she would stay longer if we needed her to but we were doing quite well! She served and served and never ceased serving! It was so nice to have her here. The children thought it was great and Wil and I were extra grateful since he had to press forward with school and wasn't able to give me his usual wonderful help after bringing home a baby. While she was here we made homemade corn tortillas, which was fun. Brigham had jaundice pretty bad and we had to have a billi-blanket for a few days. We had to take him to the hospital every day to get his billiruben count checked and they had to poke his heel every time. It was sad, his poor tiny heels! I was VERY grateful that the hospital is less than a block from our house. That made the multiple trips not so daunting. We tried getting him into the sunlight as much as possible before we were prescribed the billi-blanket because we could tell he was looking jaundice. There is a picture in here that looks like William has a very jealous face but I think he was either frustrated at Hyrum or something because he has been so gentle and loving to Brigham ever since he came home! But it makes for a funny picture! That is just another sample of the faces that boy pulls!

3 comments:

Jen Gillespie said...

Oh Julie, CONGRATS!!!! He is so handsome. I'm so glad the older siblings are all loving him. You look great and so happy. We are in Idaho Falls, so if you ever need anything, I'm just a hop, skip and a jump away. Squeeze him lots for me! I miss a little cuddly baby.

Monica said...

Congrats! I haven't caught up with your blog/fam for a while. I'm excited for your new little guy. You have a beautiful family. Take care!

The Hyatt's said...

He is so beautiful! What a perfect addition to your family! That is so funny that he and Aspen were born the same day! It's great to hear from you guys, I hope all is well!