Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Snow Festival!

The kids and I went to the snow festival here a few Saturdays ago and had a lot of fun in the snow! Or at least on top of it! :) Daddy wasn't able to come and we missed having him. Hyrum and Eliza did great though and really enjoyed getting out! It was at the city park near our home and so instead of driving there and then pulling the stroller out I decided it would be easier just to walk there. It was a bit tricky tracking through the snow with the stroller but Hyrum would help me when we got stuck. William wasn't so sure about the trip at the beginning seeing as all he did was sit in the stroller and freeze but he perked up and didn't want to leave once we got to the sleigh ride part where there were several horses to look at and watch move and make noises! We didn't go on a ride although the children would have enjoyed it but I wasn't sure what I would have done with all of our stuff (stroller, etc.) if we went on it. Also the line was a little long at the time. We did end up watching them go by, while we sipped our hot chocolate. William didn't want to go when it was time to leave because he wanted to keep watching the horses go by! Hyrum and Eliza loved the sledding and snow bowling. Eliza did go sledding but I had to help her (she went down on my lap) and so there are no pictures of that! I think it was very successful seeing that no one had to go potty while we were there and that the children behaved and obeyed me very well! P.S. William has one purple mitten on and one blue one on. We were in a hurry to get there right when it started to avoid too many people and long lines (which worked by the way) and so there was no time to worry about fashion for the toddler! :)

5 comments:

Emily and Reese said...

Poor William....welcome to Eastern Idaho! I'm sure he'll get acclimated to the crazy winters! By the way LOVE the pictures are the top of your blog, the one of Will and his activity card cracks me up! Are you coming to town again soon? Let me know, I'd love to see you guys again!

White Family said...

Julie! Hey! I'm so happy I found your blog! How are you doing? I hope that you're feeling well! Your little kids are sure cuties! Love the pictures!
Laura

Waters said...

Julie I love your p.s. Yes, I too dont worry about child fashion, and something adult fashion either (for Jared and myself) if we are in a hurry to get out the door. The purple and blue glove mis-match is a classic.
You are oh so brave to go by yourself to the festival. If it were me I would have started the venture with a prayer and a Looooooooooooong prayer in my head the WHOLE time I was away. Im such a paranoid person. Hyrum is so big, seriously, why is he so big. Looking at our children makes me want to cry sometimes just because I get nervous to one day let tme live on their own in a world thats becoming more and more wicked. My point was, that Hyrum is getting big to help you get the stroller out of the snow. Me and my tangents....
and look at Eliza! My goodness, she is such a beauty, and William, I remember him 2 christmas's ago, you were still nursing him under your cool hooder hider you made yourself (you crafty woman you). And now look at you, living in Rexburg, going out on your own with 3 (1/2) children battling the snow and sipping delicous hot chocolate. What great memories your children will have when they get older.
Julie, I love you!

Rebecca McNair said...

Julie your family is so darling! How are you doing? Where exactly are you living now? It would be so fun to see you and Emily again it has been such a long time!

Drew n Karen said...

Way to go Juice getting the kids out to stuff like that! Shall make sweet memories for them to look back on :) They sure grow fast when I see them bi-annually lol! I'll have to call you sometime soon so we can catch up on everything. We pray for you and the fam. I know it's probably quite the struggle with your's and Wil's schedule. Hope school is going well. Love you!
~Drew